10/25/2005

Raffle ends in 20 hours...

I've got a severely pulled back muscle and I'm in excruiating pain. How is this Wizard related? Well, it's not, but I thought you might like to know. ;) In the meantime, surfing on the Wizard has kept me busy, and I'm enjoying my new PDAir.com case that I received from 3-Dealer on eBay today. Of course, HowardForums member Sabesh beat me to a review, so here's his take on it. Now, I see that a flip-top version is available. That is my preference, so I may consider a giveaway of this case for that one... Oh, and the blog post's title? Yes, the raffle is about to come to an end. As of this moment, I have received enough entries to break even on the cost of the device, which is honestly a little disappointing, since I'd originally hoped to put something away for the kids, but then again, I'm just happy that I'll still be able to make someone really happy tomorrow. A sidenote, I have seen some people send money in PayPal via uncleared check, so of course, if you're the winner and for whatever reason the money doesn't clear after 3 days (or whatever it is after the first attempt to clear it), it's only fair to everyone else that entered that this situation will nullify your entry and that I'll have to choose another winner. You can imagine the number of entries I received if at $3 a pop... so, please give me some time after midnight tomorrow to gather up all the entries and arrange it in an Excel spreadsheet, then pick a winner randomly from it. After all, each of you would want the entries to count, wouldn't you? I'll be sharing this entry list with MadMonkeyBoy, who is holding the Qtek 9100 and will ship it out the moment the winner is identified and that their entry is valid. Good luck to all, and goodnight for now. My prescription is about to kick in.

1 Comments:

Blogger BeyondtheTech said...

FYI... The spreadsheet is just for organizational purposes. If you see the pages of activity on my PayPal account, even though I hardly broke even, it's impossible to pull a name from the list like that... especially if people contributed more than once at different times, and also people bypassed the link altogether and sent a "bulk entry" with a larger amount. I want to make sure it's done right.

10/25/2005 08:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home