11/09/2005

K-JAM firmware update not warranted

There are reports buzzing on HowardForums and BengalBoy.com regarding a firmware update available for download on Clubimate.com for the i-mate K-JAM. Upon further inspection by many users, it appears that the update only applies to the Extended ROM and adds Remove Programs functionality for Skype and the Antivirus software. Considering the current version on our devices is 1.04, I figured that i-mate made this change to accomodate some users having problems with either third-party program, and added 0.01 for each change to get to 1.06. ;) Again, if you've modified your own Extended ROM or don't care for these two small changes, it's probably not worth it to even download, let alone try it out on your device. However, if you must, then go here: http://www.clubimate.com/t-DEVICE_KJAM_UPD.aspx. I'll be mirroring it when I get a chance, but again, it's not functionally any different than the initial release of the upgrade utility. Sources:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home