With a name like MadMonkeyBoy, can you expect anything less?
You'll have to forgive me, since I'm traveling back in my mind to about 6:10PM yesterday when I arrived at the house of David Weiniger, aka MadMonkeyBoy, who I ordered my K-JAM from. If you're in the Windows Mobile world but haven't heard of him or seen enough of his positive feedback to know how awesome of a dealer he is, you must be living under a rock.
Needless to say, upon the early arrival of his massive, initial purchase order of K-JAMs from Expansys UK, his house was a wreck. Boxes and bubble wrap were strewn all over the place, but it only goes to show how dedicated he was to make sure that the 150 or so future K-JAM owners were going to get them as soon as he received them. One of the things I always liked about David is that he is just as fanatic about these kinds of devices as we all are, and he's truly full of cool surprises. Not only are his prices fantastic to begin with, he is just courteous and responsive on a one-on-one basis. Add product giveaways, possibly trade-ins, and an active presence on the forums, what more can you ask for?
My first device I purchased from him was an i-mate PDA2k back in January 2005. It's four devices later (migrated to a JAM 850, followed by an E-ten M500), and I'm now a proud owner of an i-mate K-JAM. David still has his fully loaded PDA2k, but I think he's finally found his own replacement, too.
I hope the K-JAM will last longer than the previous devices that I owned. I only upgraded like a madman because not only is he one of the few - if the only - dealer that could take back your purchase for a newer device; but it's also because I'm always fiending for the latest technological features. How many times have you bought some cool gadget, only to be superceded by even something cooler a month later? I think David knows that there are people like that, and the fact that he can even offer that service, even if only for a limited time, is so very much appreciated. Mind you, he always noted that I kept my devices (packaging, documentation, and accessories) in the best condition possible - and I did that for two reasons: 1. I can't stand scratches, blemishes, or wear & tear, and 2. it keeps that resell value high. eBay has been a proof of concept with that!
There's no denying I'll be a return customer again to David when the next big thing comes out, but honestly, that 'next big thing' will have to be a formidable contender - this K-JAM is feature packed with nearly everything I could want in a converged device (more on that to come). It really is a no-brainer to anyone in the United States or Canada who is looking to purchase a Windows Mobile device. His combination of valued pricing, customer service, and pre- and post-purchase support is truly unparalleled, and it sets a standard way above a multitude of vendors and resellers, large or small, who will never achieve such a high regard, simply because their heart will never be in the right place. David admits to me that he's no technical hack or uber-guru, but he knows enough of the technology to share the passion of those who are, and thus provide the added personal touch that makes him deserve every bit of positive feedback he has ever gotten.
Remember, if someone had a good experience, they're likely to share it with a few close friends. If someone has had a bad experience, they're likely to tell everyone, including total strangers. I'm about to break the old habit: everyone has to know about the MadMonkeyBoy, if they want their Windows Mobile experience done right in the first place.
Cheers, David.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home