Wireless operators' settings
At the request of many visitors (thank you!), I have provided all the major wireless operators' settings for your K-JAM. Remember that these are all digitally-signed, so unless you use the Disabling Security CAB file first, either in your Extended ROM or executed manually, you won't be able to modify anything inside these CAB files. Why would you want to change it? It's really a matter of preference, actually. When my K-JAM connects to my Cingular GPRS/EDGE connection, it says, "Connecting to WW GPRS..." I changed it so it says, "Connecting to MEdia Net..." Again, that's just me doing a little something extra with everything I receive.
Also, if you're going to place them in your Extended ROM and wish to have it run automatically (so you don't have to choose an operator when it starts the Customization phase after a hard reset), simply put the prefix Default_ before the filename (don't forget the underscore!).
Click here for AT&T USA Wireless settings.
Click here for Cingular USA settings.
Click here for KPN, Nederland.
Click here for MTN, South Africa.
Click here for O2 UK Contract.
Click here for O2 UK PAYG.
Click here for Optus Australia.
Click here for Orange, Nederland.
Click here for Orange UK Contract.
Click here for Orange UK PAYG.
Click here for T-Mobile Nederland.
Click here for T-Mobile UK.
Click here for T-Mobile USA Internet settings.
Click here for T-Mobile USA Pay As You Go settings.
Click here for T-Mobile USA VPN settings.
Click here for Telfort Nederland.
Click here for Telstra Australia.
Click here for TelstraClear New Zealand.
Click here for Virgin UK.
Click here for Vodacom South Africa WAP1.2.
Click here for Vodacom South Africa WAP2.0.
Click here for Vodafone Australia.
Click here for Vodafone Nederland.
Click here for Vodafone New Zealand.
Click here for Vodafone UK Contract.
Click here for Vodafone UK PAYT.
Lastly, if you're new to dealing with CAB files and don't know how to use them on your K-JAM, here's a quick guide by i-mate.

16 Comments:
I think you should change the blog name to Wizard instead of K-JAM. IMHO
this is the CABS on the standard KJAM WWE !...nothing new here..
but there are all available on the imate website let alone on the extended rom of the kjam
Yes, these are the same ones available on the clubimate.com website. However, they are not all on the Extended ROM, or at least in the one I received with my K-JAM. Mine only had everything but the USA settings, go figure.
will these work on a 9100 as well, or just the imate version?
Hi,
These files have an extension of .tgz. Where can i get the CAB files? Thanks
They should work on the 9100 version as well. All these links and files are CAB files, not TGZ.
Norweigian cabs from Telenor and Netcom can be downloaded here:
http://www.i-mate.no/Telenor_NO_V1.0.cab
http://www.i-mate.no/Netcom_NO_V1.0.cab
What about the cab files for the Portuguese networks, TMN, Optimus and Voda? Are these available somewhere?
Do you have to perform a hard reset after installation? Currently nothing happens on my 9100, even after a soft reset.
You shouldn't have to perform any reset. It should show up in your Connections applet on the Connections tab under Settings.
Remember, a hard reset undoes everything on your K-JAM and brings it back to the way it was when you pulled it out of the box!
As for the other operators, I have not received them from other users, so these are all I have right now. If anyone can email them to me, I'll be glad to post them.
I had AT&T and changed over to Cingular. So, which one would I use?
Sorry, I meant AT&T became Cingular. Which on should I use?
Ok, same as mihir for me also, nothing new under the connections tab for me either. Tried the AT&T and then the Cingular CAB files. Help?
I just got a qtek 9100 and I'm a t-mobile user, which one of the CAB files above would I use for regular tmobile cell phone service to work ? I see tmobile USA Internet settings, tmobile USA Pay as you go settings, tmobile USA VPN settings, is it one of those I use for getting regular cell phone to work ?
Thanks
Carsten
UK Vodafone Contract .CAB won't install on my k-jam, any ideas?
Post a Comment
<< Home