
Probably the first thing I did after I popped in my Cingular SIM card on my K-JAM was install the Cingular CAB settings (see previous post). But as soon as I started trying out some programs, I was getting prompted with an annoying security message.
In keeping a similar track with Windows Mobile Smartphones, Microsoft decided to implement the 'digital signature' feature, likely for two reasons: make some money from developers who want to make their programs 'trustworthy,' and to prevent viruses, trojans, and the like.
By default, the K-JAM has this feature enabled, so any CAB file, any executable, or any resource files it touches, it'll be prompting you to confirm whether or not you want to run it. If you could care less like I did, you'll want to shut that feature up right away.
Pocketnow.com has posted
an article regarding this 'snafu' and Tweaks2k2 has provided
a means of shutting the security feature off.
I have provided just the SetSecurity.exe program locally
here. Simply copy the EXE file to your K-JAM and run it through your File Explorer, and confirm to turn off the Security.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home