Qtek 9100, the twin brother
Perhaps I should have called this blog, "Beyond the Tech: Wizard" since I am sort of leaving out the K-JAM's twin brother, the Qtek 9100, soon to be delivered by normal delivery (though I can imagine some would-be owners wouldn't mind performing a C-section straight from the manufacturer). I don't mean to leave the 9100 owners out, or the O2 XDA mini S, whenever its due out, for that matter. You guys are just as welcome!
Expansys has the Qtek 9100 listed as "1 Day Left." USA's MadMonkeyBoy and Canada's Superior Gadgets have been taking preorders and have reports that it's scheduled to arrive in their inventory as early as Friday or Monday. Consequently, MadMonkeyBoy's second batch of K-JAMs slipped a notch to October 24, so I reckon people may be playing "musical Wizards" just to get one in their hands ASAP.
Many people actually are holding out for the Qtek 9100 for a number of reasons: 1. it's listing approximately $50 cheaper (according to MadMonkeyBoy's site) than the K-JAM, 2. it has a 2-year warranty as opposed to K-JAM's 1-year warranty, and 3. believe it or not, people will wait for this version because the front faceplate of the 9100 has a dark, charcoal look, instead of the K-JAM's uniform silver faceplate.
I suppose to each their own, but I knew I wasn't going to wait for a product that has since had lingering "pre-order" status on Expansys' site for a long time, even when the K-JAM had an actual street date. Besides, I'm just impulsive like that, and 1. it was worth the extra $50, 2. the Qtek warranty issue was questionable at the time (it was believed that you might have had to send it overseas for repair, which would be both costly and a lengthy process), and 3. I had no color preference.
We have since been informed that MadMonkeyBoy's supplier is also an authorized dealer for Qtek who should be able to provide service to the 9100's without any major hassle.
So, I'd personally like to welcome all future Qtek 9100 owners to my blog, as well as everyone else who's looking to get either one either way, and those just happy to visit my site and take a look around. Hopefully you future 9100 owners will have yours soon, and enjoy the same amount of gratification and satisfaction we K-JAM owners have had over the past few weeks.

4 Comments:
i don't think it's too late to change the name.
and just create another url that ends with wizard and start using it, but leave this one for the people who already bookmarked u.
you can change the title of your blog, i changed mine before no need to migrate anything. just go under settings\basic on your dashboard [of your blog]
--
as for the face plate the uniform color seems better imo.
This is a great blog -- wish they made this device for Verizon wireless, I'd pick one up.
ajbrutico
The closest you're going to get is the Samsung i730 right now. With the way they move with new higher-end devices, you won't see the CDMA counterpart - the HTC Apache - for at least 6 to 12 months, if at all. However, they've been pretty sneaky and considering Sprint's got the device and people are clamoring for it, you never know.
However, I have been with Verizon Wireless long enough to know that they will nickel-and-dime you for everything you want to do, they cripple the nicest, built-in features of their devices, they lock down to only allow access of Verizon-branded devices on their network, and they're just downright too expensive for what they give you. I canceled my contract and the termination fee was worth every penny.
Post a Comment
<< Home