Application compatibility yet continued
I could probably keep going on and on in testing applications, and I will. Now that Sunnysoft's Backup Manager is proving to be extremely helpful, even though it will only backup the registry and files and not the personal databases, I'm not worried since my 4SmartPhone Hosted Exchange settings were provided in a CPF file that you just launch and voila! all the Contacts, Emails, Appointments, Tasks, etc. are pulled straight into my K-JAM in a matter of minutes.
I honestly think that the "honeymoon" period will take a long, long time to diminish when it comes to this device. For those who haven't gotten one yet or have been seriously considering it, all I have to say is get on that pre-order list now. Rumors of Cingular and T-Mobile-branded versions are still sketchy, to say the least, and it's just as sketchy to determine if they are getting the "Wizard 100" or "Wizard 200" series. The K-JAM and Qtek 9100 are HTC Wizard 200 series devices, which frankly look and feel a lot better than the 100 series, which people have reported to feel very plasticy and toy-like.
Getting back to application compatibility, I've received a new version of RealDice Multiplayer Poker, Internet Edition 2.10 straight from the developer who I'm testing for, and needless to say, the game is at least functional, though I'm still experiencing sluggishness when moving in and out of the menus. I will tell you, though, that once this program gets my "stamp of compatibility approval," this game will be the one to get. I'm a big Texas Hold'em fan, although not a great player at it yet, so being able to finally play online across the Internet (with your K-JAM's Wi-Fi or EDGE connection) will be nothing short than spectacular! Direct contact and collaboration with the developer is something I'm proud to have, and I hope it won't be long until it's ready for us Wizard owners.
PocketMind also happened to send me a new or beta version of Pocket Music Bundle but the program still fails to launch at all. Conduits sent me their latest beta of Pocket Player, and now the playback is better, but inconsistently choppy. Birdsoft posted their latest beta of All-in Hold'em and, needless to say, Version 2.2 beta 6 is functioning perfectly on the K-JAM now. Nice!
As I stated in my previous blog, even though others have gotten TomTom 5.10 to work on their device, I have yet to get it running on mine. It simply locks up before it can even display a map or a map list. I'm hoping I'll get OnCourse Navigator 5 instead and soon. I'm considering a road trip, and this would definitely help!
And, for those who are aware of my Pocket PC game in development, Battlestar: Fate of the Galactic Commonwealth, I have tested it both on my previous device the E-Ten M500, and now the K-JAM, and I have to say the demanding performance of my game on the K-JAM is very acceptable, with the exception of the half-screen video cutscenes. I have been working with Makslane Araujo Rodrigues, the sole developer of the awesome Game Editor development software, and I've been getting nearly nightly builds of his software to make sure all the bugs and features that I'm dealing with in my production environment get acknowledged and resolved. I recommend anyone who is even thinking of making a game or multimedia program to take a look at Game Editor. At it's most basic package price ($14.99!), it's a steal that paid itself off in less than a day of release of my first game, Bubble Buster Advanced. Of course, that game also works well on the K-JAM (hint hint).
So far, the only media player that plays WMA and MP3 consistently and successfully on the K-JAM is a little known program called iMusic from a company called Cardinal Info Software (CitSoft). You may remember them from a program called WithMP3, which was a popular player in the earlier Pocket PC years.
Last but not least, some games that I've tested to work properly on the K-JAM include:
Astraware Ultimate Bowling Fighter: probably the best (but weirdest) bowling game since OmniG Ten Pin Bowling (OmniG's game works, but is rather slow on the K-JAM), MDM Madden NFL 2006: gameplay is just as fast as the K-JAM's XScale-based siblings, isotope244 Atomic Cannon, Binaryfish All-Mobile Casino, Infinite Dreams SuperMiners, PDAMill Spot!, Momentum Games Pocket MiniGolf 2, and Simbsoft Basketball, just to name a few.
FlexWallet 2005 by TwoPeaks, the best of the personal "secure information management" software on the PocketPC works enough to get the job done, but the bottom menu bar that shows "Wallet" and "Tools" both seem to open the same menu. Such was not the case when I tested the same program on the JAM and M500. I have contacted the developer and will await a response.
By the way, now that you're likely surfing away on your K-JAM and want to be able to blog from it as I do, you can use the now more powerful Internet Explorer Mobile. There are other programs such as Diarist and PocketSharpMT, and I have yet to try my favorite freeware program PocketBlogger from Scale Oven Stove Software, so I'll hopefully post back from it today when I get it installed and test it out.

1 Comments:
Does Madden 2k6 on the K-jam allow for you to play in landscape mode with the keyboard closed?
Does it allow for button assignment?
Thanks,
Post a Comment
<< Home